IAIM Baby Massage
5 Week International Association of Infant Massage Course
What are the benefits of infant massage?
The techniques used are based on yoga movements, Swedish massage, Indian massage and reflexology. Infant massage enhances:
Bonding, communication, undivided attention, respect, love, nurturing touch, empathy
All vital systems e.g. circulation, digestion, immune, nervous, as well as language development, sensory integration, mind/body awareness
Improved sleep, increased flexibility, reduction of stress levels and stress hormones
Colic, constipation, excess mucus, teething, discomfort, tension, growing pains
What will be provided?
- Handouts and massage oil for use in class
What age group is the course suitable for?
The course is suitable for parents with babies age 0-1 year. However to get the most out of the course, I recommend attending before your baby starts to crawl.
How long will a class take?
- 1 to 1 ½ hours
- 1 class per week
(Relaxabub facilitates baby massage courses on behalf of organisations, such as Plunket, SPACE and the Parenting Centre)
- Based in Waiuku.
- Courses run in 5 week blocks.
- $80 fee payable by online banking.
- This class is suitable from 12 weeks of pregnancy onwards.
- No previous yoga experience required.
- A gentle class, with yoga postures modified for pregnancy.
- Relaxation and breathing exercises to assist,with the emotional and physical challenges of pregnancy.
- Building stamina and strength to prepare for birth and beyond.
- Assisting to manage the aches and pains of pregnancy.
- Building an early bond, with your baby.
- The last session includes a fatigue busting Yoga Nidra practice (extended deep guided relaxation, also known as yogic sleep).
- If a small number of mums to be are booked for the block course, it will be held at the Relaxabub home based studio in Waiuku. Larger classes will be held at Yoga Lane Studios in Waiuku.
- Yoga mats and props are available.
- Please wear comfortable clothing you can move in.
One on One Class Fee
Mums and Bubs Postnatal Yoga 4 Coffee Groups
Embrace the chaos and bring bubs. Post natal yoga to aid in recovery, with an emphasis on rebuilding abdominal strength. Suitable for parents with babies from 6 weeks (8 wks post C-section) to pre-crawling.
If you are part of a coffee group and would like to have private group classes, this can be arranged. Please ask for a quote. The fee varies dependent on location, numbers and class frequency.
Hatha yoga classes suitable for all. Beginners are very welcome. Join in with the postures, flows, breathing exercises, meditation and relaxation. Pregnant ladies are welcome to join this class (12wks pregnancy onwards), please let Kathy know if you are pregnant, so that she can ensure you are provided with modified or alternative postures, as required.
Private class fee
mid week appointments available at the Relaxabub home based studio in Waiuku
Pre-school Sessions (ideal age 3, 1/2 yrs to 7yrs)
Book a classes for a private group or a pre-school class. Classes run during school term times. The fee is $50/30 min class. Yoga mats and props provided. Learn, laugh and love yoga. Postures, flows, breathing exercises and relaxation. Introducing yoga through games, songs, stories and themes. Yoga can assist kids with development of :
- Fine and gross motor control
- Breath awareness and efficiency
- Managing emotions
- Following instructions
Pre-School Yoga Workshops
Relaxabub can provide a 2, 1/2 hr workshop suitable for educator and/or parents. Providing a practical tool box of yoga techniques to weave into the day. No previous yoga experience needed.
- Learn a selection of classic yoga postures
- Understand the benefits of each posture
- Learn a range of breathing technique for kids
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques for kids
- Bring the yoga to life, with imagination, stories and play
- Learn to use yoga to manage your own aches and pains and reduce the risk of injury
Fee: from $350 (depending on numbers, location and travel)
Invest in the wellbeing of your team and introduce a yoga class to your workplace. Relaxabub can provide a lunch time class combining, yoga postures, flows, breathing exercises and relaxation. The yoga instructor will design classes with a focus on the prevention of injury and discomfort, utilising a wealth of knowledge gained, as an Occupational Therapist and Occupational Safety and Health Consultant.
Yoga can provide many benefits to the workplace:
- Team building
- Stress reduction
- Increased concentration
- Injury and discomfort prevention
- Relief of everyday aches and pains
- Building physical strength and flexibility
Fee: 10 classes for $1000
One off class = $140
Please enquire for special events, such as conferences.